Maintains and controls a computerized inventory of materials for use by BC Transit’s maintenance shops, including issuing stores material to maintenance personnel, ordering stock from suppliers, preparing requests to stock new items and monitoring re-order points, receiving, unloading, verifying and storing stock shipments from suppliers, shipping and receiving items to and from the Regional Transit Systems, promptly and accurately entering materials transactions to the Vehicle Maintenance System, and performing inventory counts. Performs a variety of clerical duties for the stockroom function, including maintaining files, preparing forms and requisitions. Maintains a supply of laundered coveralls, towels and rags. Operates equipment to transport parts and barrels within the transit centre areas and operates a motor vehicle to transport items from local suppliers and to deliver parts between transit centers as required.
- Requires Grade 12 graduation, plus a Trade Certificate of Qualification (TQ) “Parts Person” or equivalent Red Seal Parts Certification, and a Class 5 driver’s license.
- Requires one year of previous experience in inventory control in a computerized environment, in which familiarity with inventory control software, accuracy and attention to detail, the ability to work under time constraints, and the ability to operate a forklift has been acquired
- This is a casual position.
- Shifts range between 6:30 am – 2:30 am, seven days a week.
- Work location can be in at either Langford or Victoria location.
- This position requires the completion of a Criminal Record Check.
- Testing and assessments may be included as part of the recruitment process.
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies.
BC Transit Offers
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee fitness centre, at both the Victoria and Langford depots
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Social Club
- Employee Recognition Program