- Must have demonstrated experience building and maintaining WordPress or Craft CMS, or Drupal sites to be considered.
- Maintain sites over time including updates, patches.
- Use CSS frameworks for more rapid and consistent development, such as Bootstrap, etc.
- Extrapolate and develop mobile responsive versions of websites using best practices.
- Test websites on multiple platforms such as Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android.
- Maintain website infrastructure including Linux/Unix server skills, Apache/Nginx, virtualhost configs, etc.
- Understand and maintain backup and recovery strategies.
- Implement and uphold a secure workflow to avoid hacks and unauthorized access to server infrastructure.
- Be able to access, configure and utilize related server software such as MySQL, SSH.
- Be able to collaborate with other members of our team, including other web developers and agree on common/shared standards.
- Understand and apply optimizations either on the server side or on the application side, including web accessibility.
- Work under tight timelines, prioritize projects, and shift focus when necessary.
- Meet deadlines, and effectively communicate important updates to team members.
- Participate in brainstorms, introducing new ideas, different approaches and treatments.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in web development.
- Be open to constructive feedback.
- Possess a positive attitude and be willing to take on new challenges.
- Be open to learning new skills, software, or techniques when necessary and show initiative to find solutions.
- College or University diploma in web development techniques, or be able to demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of a certificate.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Experience building websites with one or more of WordPress, CraftCMS, Drupal, or other content management systems.
- Familiarity working within a development, staging and production environment, including using source control principles and software (Git/Github, etc.) .
- Interest or background in Canadian politics, political causes, or civic engagement.
- Graphic design experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- CraftCMS: 4 years (preferred)
- building WordPress sites: 5 years (required)
- HTML/CSS/JS: 5 years (required)