Position: Full-Time, Permanent, Salary plus benefits
Location: Victoria, BC
The Victoria Royals Hockey Club is currently searching for an individual who has a passion for the game of hockey to step into the entry level role of Creative Services, New Media and Website Coordinator. The individual will possess a diploma or degree in Graphic Design. They will have a strong knowledge base of design and web management to provide digital content for the Victoria Royals Hockey Club as well as subsidiaries of parent company GSL Holdings.
This individual will work on a variety of projects that span digital, website, social media, email, arena signage, marketing materials, sales collateral, promotional items, community events, brand identity and much more. They will also run the day-to-day Content Management System for www.victoriaroyals.com, the Graphic Management for the company, and other tasks as assigned.
This individual will work with every department within the Victoria Royals Hockey Club, many departments throughout GSL Holdings as well as with partner companies. They will report directly to the Assistant General Manager, Hockey Operations and Communications. They will also work closely with the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing and the Director of Ticketing.
The individual will be extremely organized, able to manage multiple projects and work to deadline. They will be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to work a flexible schedule (nights and weekends around hockey games and events). Awareness and interest in latest technological platforms as well as digital and social media trends that shape professional sports and pop culture is a must.
Professional experience working in a creative graphic design environment is an asset. Photography experience and hockey knowledge are also beneficial. A portfolio including samples of current graphic design work is required.
What we are looking for:
– Prototype and design features and overall look and feel for collateral aimed at print, web, mobile and social media
– Experience designing, prototyping and coordinating the implementation of design assets
– Work within brand guidelines to build the desired assets
– Experience coordinating the production of print publications
– Take designs from concept through implementation on multiple platforms
– Skilled in industry leading software such as Adobe Creative Cloud
– Experience in motion and video editing is a plus
– Ability to listen, hear requirement and convert them into technical objectives
– Willingness and commitments to take ownership of tasks, establish and communicate realistic timelines and follow through on commitments
– Ability to communicate and present ideas to Senior Management and peers.
Please email resume, cover letter and portfolio to [email protected].
Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Competition closes June 22, 2018 at 12 p.m.