We are in search of awesomeness!!!!
A Little About Us:
Health Essentials’ mission is to create a community where health-minded people can nourish a lifestyle that allows them to thrive!We carry a large selection of high quality supplements, local grass fed meats, Icebreaker Merino Wool Clothing, Bulletproof Coffee, barefoot shoes, traditional foods and more.
Our team is innovative, passionate and up-to-date on all of the cutting edge research in natural health. We are driven to achieve optimal health in our own lives, and to help improve the lives of others!!
Does this sound like somewhere you could see yourself loving work?
Well, this is what a bookkeeper position looks like at Health Essentials:
A bookkeeper at Health Essentials must be able to perform a wide range of duties but is largely responsible for recording and maintaining the financial records. The bookkeeper will works closely with the management team and our accountant to process invoices, credits, weekly sales reports and processing payments. As a bookkeeper at Health Essentials you are expected to maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions and ensuring legal requirements compliance. A large focus is placed on the bookkeeper to contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed. Not only does the bookkeeper maintain strong understanding of accounting principles they must also have experience working with bookkeeping software. The bookkeeper is expected to possess strong communication skills as they are required to interact with various vendors in order to make payments. They must thrive in a fast paced environment with the ability to multitask and organize their own tasks. Business skills in areas such as filing, invoicing, payroll and basic accounting are imperative for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue or monitor purchase orders and match them with invoices when they are received.
- Check to pay the invoices and ensure bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Making credit card payments to vendors and maintaining a petty cash account.
- Enter invoices into accounting software and run checks to pay the bills.
- Billing vendors for goods or services.
- Managing employee payroll using a payroll accounting system.
- Prepare bank deposits of payments received from vendors and other sources, then enter the payments into the accounts receivable system.
- Reconcile the company’s monthly bank statements, researching and correcting any discrepancies.
- Maintain paper and electronic files.
- Opening and sorting mail pertaining to the accounting department.
- Archiving records.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- *Effectively analyzes Information
- Experience dealing with reporting research results,
- Data Entry Skills
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Attention to Detail, Confidentiality
- Understands basic accounting principles
- Previous bookkeeping experience an asset
- Experience using Quickbooks is an asset
Come in and apply today! We can’t wait to meet you!! : ) Give us a call at 250-590-5524 if you have any further questions!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Experience: Bookkeeping: 1 year