1) Basic Geometry/ Drawing Tools: Create Lines, Rectangles, Squares, Polygons/Circles, Create surfaces, Triangulation, Curves, Freehand tool Selections
2) 3D Geometry Construction Tools: Create 3D geometry and surfaces, Demonstrate stickiness, The Push/Pull Tool, Modifier Keys, Lock inferences
3) Modification Tools: Move, Copy, Rotation Axis, Scaling and Resizing, Offsetting, Follow Me, Auto fold, Displaying and Smoothing Edges
4) Making Multiple Copies: Internal Arrays, Non-Orthogonal Copies, Multiple Rotated Copies
5) Groups and Components: Groups and Components, Creating, Editing and Saving Components, Healing Edges, Components Browser
6) Intersecting: Cutting, Arch Cutouts Using Groups, Intersect with Context and Selected
7) Painting, Materials, and Textures: Applying and Editing Materials, Images as Textures, Collections, Translucency, Double-Sided Faces
8) Adding Text and Dimensions: Text, Measuring Length and Area, Dimensions, 3D Text
9) Intermediate Skills Introduction:
a) Importing GIS maps showing parcel size of target locations, and the ability to scale the maps for accuracy
b) To properly represent parking layouts, bylaw setbacks, and ability to visual interpret site constraints
c) Import contour files(.dwg usually) and narrow down the contours for the site specifically worked on
10) Tools: Rotate, Push
11) Actions: import topography/contour files, scale, layout, overlays
We will be happy to assist you for inquiries about a customized scheduled or program:
Rachael McPherson, Director of Sales
☎(250)882-9549 📧[email protected]
Caroline Santos, Corporate and Custom Sales Manager- Eastern Canada
☎(514)771-3206 📧[email protected]ch
Google SketchUp is a powerful, and intuitive 3D modeling program used for years by design professionals such as architects and
engineers. Recently, secondary, and post-secondary teachers and instructors have discovered how much their students love SketchUp,
and how it provides a solid base for thinking and designing in 3D. SketchUp is also the perfect stepping-stone for complex CAD
applications such as AutoCAD, 3DStudio, Maya, and others.
Q Academy works with the most innovative, sustainable industries and we continue to review all the major skills gaps across the globe. We’re looking for industry leaders and academic partners to help us create courses for upgrading skills within growing sectors across globe. We’d love to work with you to build something great!
With so many companies looking for great talent why not look take your needs directly to Q Academy and ensure your candidates have all the most update skills they need. Hire Great Talent without the high costs of some job search platforms or services.
Q Academy works with thosands of business across the globe and we have become several business go to training partners for the past 5 years.